Become a SIF User
- Familiarize yourself with our capabilities, rates, and policies
- Complete the Materials & Experiment Safety Assessment (MESA) form, located on the sidebar to the right
- Complete all online training modules
- Receive Approval email with final instructions for arriving at the SIF
- Arrive on-site at appointed time and meet with SIF Staff to begin training
Once your instrument training is complete and approved by your trainer you will receive building and Booked Scheduler access.
Please submit your form 2-3 weeks ahead of your anticipated arrival. Those submitted in a shorter time frame might not be processed in time.
New to Ames National Laboratory?
We will initiate your Ames National Laboratory contributor paperwork. Please look for further e-mailed instructions about your contributorship.
For those expecting infrequent instrument use or few samples, we recommend requesting materials processing.