Become a SIF User
- Familiarize yourself with our capabilities, rates, policies, and processes
- Complete the Materials & Experiment Safety Assessment (MESA) form and e-mail to email@example.com
- Complete all online training modules
- Receive Approval form with final instructions for arriving at the SIF
- Arrive on-site at appointed time and meet with SIF Staff to begin training
Once your instrument training is complete and approved by trainer you will receive building and equipment scheduler access.
Please submit your form 2-3 weeks ahead of your anticipated arrival. Those submitted in a shorter time frame might not be processed in time.
New to Ames Laboratory?
We will initiate your Ames Laboratory associateship. Please look for further e-mailed instructions about your associateship and checking in at the Human Resources Office upon your arrival.
For those expecting infrequent instrument use or few samples, we recommend requesting materials processing.